Review of Podcast 53 and 54
by Greg Goodwin (Dr. Clu)
Underneath the track names are my reviews of the tracks. I’ve also added, before the track name, the start time of where you can find the song in the podcast with a bit more ease.
Podcast 53—Synchrony Flow Ahead
- 00:00 Jingle by JGG—AmigaVibes (0'26)
- 00:28 Psydrive—Animehaus / Red Sector Inc (3'34)
**** Synth Cruising. Think Night Rider.
- 04:15 Cosmos (Rewired)—T-Ray (4'00)
**** Synth, very otherworldly sounding.
- 08:00 Underjord—Maskinpop (4'00)
***** Retro action tune… with vocals!!!
- 11:50 FLOW AHEAD—Uctumi / PVM (4'01)
***** Synth retro. Enjoyable.
- 15:52 The Washington Post is a Sh*tty Newspaper—Iron Curtain (2'17)
** And matching—this is a sh*tty song that sounds like it was done on a Vic20.
- 18:10 Munsters—in7ruder / RBBS (0'41)
*** Synth—Munsters theme with a bass beat.
- 19:00 Same Old feat. Drew—Ethan / RBBS (4'00)
**** Good tune, vocals, timing could be a bit better, but hey, liked it.
Podcast 54—The Nordlicht Winter is Coming
- Jingle by JGG—AmigaVibes (0'26)
- 00:28 Undead Army of the Prick—jo (3'21)
*** Metal piece/Vocals.
- 03:40 Physical Presence Chiptune RMX—Jogeir Liljedahl / Virgill
**** Synth piece cruising type.
- 09:15 Aufschrei In Dir—KML (5'06)
*** Synth Dance type.
- 14:20 Endlich—neu (3'30)
*** Synth Techno confused.
- 17:45 Compress —bstrr / desire ^ focus design ^ dub (3'39)
*** Synth Dance/dub.
- 22:00 It’s full of cheese—aqu (4'41)
**** Synth Cruising
- 26:08 Grate & Slice (Nordlicht EDIT)—Puryx / TBC ^ DUB ^ Straf
**** Synth/Sampling Dance/Dub (the background track makes this one).
- 29:40 Booty Spankin’—tEiS / Spaceballs (4'04)
*** 1/2 Synth Cruising, more flute sounding.
- 33:40 Holy Fail—w & r (4'39)
*** Piano/Techno piece (liked it, but the noise effects get grating after a bit).
- 38:00 Punishment & relief—prince / the obsessed maniacs / TRSi
***** Violin mood piece.
- 41:10 Kick it like it’s 1997—Hopper / SquoQuo (4'17)
** Steady beat?
|-||Oh wow that was bad.|
|*||Well, they tried.|
|**||Creative at least.|
|***||Some good, mostly enjoyable.|
|****||Really liked that. Would love to hear that from time to time.|
|*****||Amazing, that is going in my regular listening selection.|