Questions from zoo patrons
- Will we see animals on the tour?
- How long is the 35-minute bus tour?
- You have signs all over with maps that say "You are here." Why don't they put that on the hand-held maps so we can figure out where we are?
Think before speaking
- Female anchor to male weatherman: Where's that six inches you promised me last night?
- Courtroom Question: Did he ever kill you before?
- British arts minister Norman St. John-Stevas: One must not be a name-dropper, as Her Majesty remarked to me at luncheon yesterday...
Upon further reflection...
- Bollomsbury Books editory to J.K. Rowling, after purchasing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone": You'll never make any money out of children's books, Jo. Keep your real job.
- Frank S. Nugent, reviewing "Gone With the Wind" in the New York Times: We still feel that color is hard on the eyes for so long a picture.