15 Laws Still on the Books
- West Virginia: Roadkill may be taken home for supper.
- Pinal County, Arizona: No outdoor dancing.
- Washington D.C.: Criminals should report their crimes ahead of time.
- Utah: Hunting whales is forbidden.
- Austin, Texas: You may not carry wire cutters in your back pocket.
- Tennessee: You may not bring a skunk with you into the state.
- North Carolina: Costume meetings are not allowed.
- New Jersey: You may not pump your own gas.
- New Orleans: You may not curse at firmen while they are performing
- Kennesaw, Georgia: You must own a gun.
- Seaside, Florida: Every house must have a white picket fence and
a two-story porch.
- Southington, Connecticut: The sale of Silly String is banned.
- Boulder, Colorado: No couches are allowed on porches.
- Los Angeles, California: No toad licking.
- Tennessee: Atheists and preachers may not serve in public office.